- Protects casts and bandages against water exposure.
Features and Benefits
- Patented OSFA design
- Protects casts and bandages against water exposure
- Ideal for showering
- Latex free
- Ideal for anyone sensitive to latex products
- Stock Code: 6173
- Consumer Purchase Unit: EACH
- Pharmacy Purchase Unit: EACH
- Wholesale Purchase Unit: CTN of 10
- Product height (mm): 150
- Product width (mm): 93
- Product depth (mm): 23
- Product weight (gm): 65
1. Using the enclosed paper tape measure, measure the circumference of the arm/leg requiring protection. Ensure the measurement is taken from a point approximately 5-6cm beyond the area to be protected (See Figure 1).
2. Once the circumference measurement has been determined, identify the appropriate size by referring to the measurement guide below.
3. Lay one of the KeepDry Protectors on a flat surface. Using scissors, cut the protector to the appropriate size to create an opening for the limb. (N.B. Cut across the longest point between the waves – See Figure 2). DO NOT CUT PROTECTOR AT STRAIGHT CLOSED END.
4. Once the KeepDry Protector has been cut to size, roll back the cut end by reaching inside the tube to pull some of the wider fabric through the new opening, sufficiently to slip over the hand or foot (See Figure 3). Now pull the Protector up the limb to be covered until the cast or dressing is fully enclosed. (See Figures 4, 5 and 6). Ensure the cut end forms an even and comfortable seal to prevent moisture from entering the Protector.
FITTING ADVICE. The opening may be a little tight as it is pulled over the length of the plaster or dressing. The special fabric used for the KeepDry Protector will withstand a little stretching; it is the characteristic which provides its patented sealing feature. However if the seal is too tight and causes discomfort on the exposed limb it may be necessary to re-measure and cut to a more suitable size.
5. To remove the KeepDry Protector, reverse the process by easing the open end over the end of the cast or dressing and then, by holding the closed end, gently pull it away from the limb. Hang the KeepDry Protector to air dry. Depending on the period of use, the Protector may be re-used 3 or 4 times if it is undamaged